Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Happy Birthday to you!

Well, looks like I am not really content with spreading others' words. I seem to like writing my own. So be it. Once again, one of my own.

Happy birthday to you.
Birthdays invariably mean getting older.
Losing the freshness.
But I love you still.
For having stood with me through it all.
All these three years.
Well, to be frank, you were the only one who got to listen in to all my conversations and to see all my texts - the good ones and the not-so.
Through all my fortunes and foibles, pleasantries and slugfests, virtues and vices.
You were there when I jabbered, when I smiled, when I laughed and when I guffawed.
You stood by me, without judging me, through all my silly temper tantrums, and occasionaly when I did break into tears.
And you have this uncanny ability to capture the best moments and frame it for eternity.

I know, during the Jessup troubles, Reshma threw her laptop charger at you and broke your head.
I know, I ignored your injury for a while and took you to the hospice only when you really couldnt take it any longer.
But we both know how much we missed each other when you were away there, waiting for your doctors to mend you back.
And you do know how glad I was to have you back in my life.
I know Vineeth accused us of being in an illicit relationship. Of course he'll never know it all.
I know they say you're a goner, because you're antique.
I know they think I'm silly, for not catching up with the times.

But let us just let them say whatever they want to.
Because, whatever your other failings, I still find you as beautiful as you were on the day we first met.
And with legitimate pride, I say: I've taken care of you - awesomely.

So here we are, three-years of courtship and still in love with each other.
And here's to you on your fourth birthday - a warm hug and a sweet kiss.

Even if I am forced to ditch you and go for another partner, you should never for a moment forget - I'll never have another like you, my first love, no matter how old and cranky you may become.

Happy birthday Susie Derkins, my mobile phone and PR port.

No comments:

Post a Comment