Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Being helpless.


“What would the world be, once bereft
Of wet and wildness? Let them be left,
Oh let them be left, wildness and wet;
Long live the weeds and the wilderness yet.”
― Gerard Manley Hopkins 

Being helpless is the most terrible experience in this world. So I lived for three days last week, when I watched one of my favourite trees in the world go down to the axes of ruthless humans.

Well, that beautiful old tree that stood oh-so-majestically in my neighbourhood property, is no more. Will miss all the grandeur and all the joy that I associated with the tree, will miss watching the thousands of animals and birds who had made that big, strong tree their home.

That grand old tree is gone. Forever.
Like many other grand old trees.
Bye bye trees, hellow climate change!
:\

Home isnt home anymore, without the comforting presence of that tree there! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment