Tuesday, December 27, 2011

And the year is done :)


Well, almost so!

Before I begin, I want to say: Happy birthday to me!
Yup, today is indeed my birthday. No matter who forgets it, I will always try to remember this one day, as long as I live, of course!


I like having an end-of-the-year birthday. It is the most festive time of the year, and I share the glory with Christ (his was 2 days back) and the coming year's birthday, which is due in 5 days from now. Which also means cakes are around, which I can pass off as my own birthday cakes.

Well, all that aside, lets take a quick look at how eventful this one year was. I mean all years are eventful, but 2011, you are(were) a B.I.T.C.H! Of course, the nice kind of bitch! ;)

#1. Started the year in tears, crying over an absolutely pointless point! Whoa. Glad that I did so. Have actually got over it and learnt to graduate to serious things.

#2. For the most part of the year (read 11 and a half months) I isolated myself from the rest of human civilsation under the excuse of having to study for civil services exam. Well, I did need the isolation, but not quite sure if that was the correct strategy. I definitely didnt need the bouts of loneliness. But that should NOT be interpreted in the light of #1.

#3. The turbulent world around. I dont know if it is because I am preparing for the civil services exam that this suddenly seems to make more sense than it did to me in the past. The Arab uprising, the Islamic spring, the killing of the dreaded Bin Laden, Qadafi, the global population hitting 7 million, the continuing recession, the Eurozone crisis, Norwegian attack, Julian Assange and his wikileaks, the flash floods and deaths, Anna Hazare and protests, mindless and continued disruption of the Parliament, wrapping up of NASA's space shuttle missions, the derailed climate talks, the piracy menace, famine in Somalia, the birth of South Sudan and the suppression of possibility of birth of Palestine as an independent nation. And closer home we have been having a very sour fight with TN over Mullaperiyar. Doesnt really sound bright, does it? On the brighter side, the World Cup win, F1 race coming home.

#4. On the personal front, this is how I shall sum it up: 'if you begin an year in tears, your year can only get better than that!' :)
The point being, I let myself get hurt over somebody's misplaced (perverted?) sense of humour and after I learnt the hard way to get over trivial people and things! Which I consider a very very valuable lesson.
Emphasising this alone would be a disgrace to the greater blessings that came my way. So let us forget about the sore point and focus on the real ones:
*Academically, legally, literally and figuratively, I struck gold! Thrice over, and more! ;)
*I passed CS (P)! Which was a very humbling moment. And my Mains went well, save for two papers.
*I made new friends - a couple of very nice people, I've a feeling they are here to stay.
* YES I finally got rid of my facebook account. It is a facebook-free life! :)

#5. What 2012 looks like, from here: When an year is as long as 365 whole days, 366 in 2012, it sure is not going to be an absolute-total-bag-of-roses, but at least, the beginning does look good. What with the big fat 'WEDDING' and the welcoming of Atma home, it sure does look great.

All I know is I have got to get rid of the clutter and the sloth, get back on my schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment